The LXX Group, which is the group for the men of ICC to prepare for the Sacred Triduum will begin with its first talk in the church basement this Saturday, February 4, at 7:45 am.
Along with the men of the parish, their sons are encouraged to participate this year to the degree that they can, in particular by giving up all “screen-time” and adding a short period of daily, silent prayer during Septuagesima.
The talks will be geared to the men of the parish, but sons are welcome to accompany their fathers. If any subject will entail age appropriate material, it will be announced in advance.
2023 Spiritual Offerings for the Men of the LXX:
- 20 min. daily silent meditation/mental prayer (may include 10 min. of spiritual reading)
- 5 decades of the Rosary (at least 1 decade cruciform)
- Spiritual Talk (w/ coffee + water) in Church Basement followed by silent mental prayer in the Church every Saturday morning at 7:45am.
- No Video Games
- No social media
- No recreational internet or television while alone…
- The Traditional Lenten Fast/Abstinence c. 1962 which begins on Ash Wednesday for those 18-59. A fitting sacrifice of food for other ages.